“If we are going to interrupt educational inequities and create schools in which every child thrives, we must refine our conversation skills. Coaching for Equity offers extensive strategies for talking about race, power, and systems of oppression, strategies which lead to changes in a teacher’s practice. This book is for teachers, leaders, and coaches who accept responsibility for interrupting inequities in schools and who want to build the knowledge and skills to coach for equity.
Coaching for Equity contains an updated Transformational Coaching framework and the tools and rubrics that are necessary to implement this model of coaching. In addition, personal narratives demonstrate what coaching for equity looks like and help us see how we can make every conversation count towards building a more just and equitable world.
Coaching for Equity covers key topics in the larger societal conversation surrounding equity, including:
- understanding what equity is and what it should look like in your school
- recognizing and preventing inequities in the classroom and school community
- realizing the path that created inequitable environments in your school
- making changes that contribute to an equitable environment
- raising awareness for issues of inequity”
From Elena Aguilar’s Website: https://brightmorningteam.com/