Desmos Equity Principles
We’re on a mission to help every student learn math and love learning math. To achieve our mission, we must acknowledge past and present injustices in our communities and take intentional action to make change.
Our goal is to support the development of a more equitable math education system and tech industry. We use these principles as guides towards achieving this goal.
I. We want our products to serve all students and teachers.
Without taking intentional steps, our work will not serve all groups well. Therefore, we must focus on identifying and attending to the needs of marginalized and excluded communities. This means learning from and with these teachers and students, and using their needs to shape our work and measure our success.
As we do this work, we ask ourselves…
- Which communities do we need to learn from and serve?
- How might this work help the communities we aim to serve? How might it harm these communities?
- How can we measure the impact of our work on communities we aim to serve?
- How might we support the ACCESS and ACHIEVEMENT of the communities we serve?
- How might we support the IDENTITY and POWER of the communities we serve?
No comment yet, add your voice below!